Question about Blu Ray and Flash drives please

ne5

Hello, I am looking to buy a Blu Ray player, its for someone else, and won't be used much so don't need a top of the range type thing but I would like it to play a couple of films I have on a flash drive.

Her TV is a normal flat screen 40 inch, her DVD player is old, and the TV won't read the flash drive, however I can watch it on my tablet or desktop.

I'm new to this technology, I presume it won't play because it is a blu ray type file on the flash drive, so would buying a Blu Ray solve this along with being a good present ?

The film is a 1080p.blurayx264-(YTS.AG)_mpeg4.avi file, the other one is a straight mp4 file.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Hello, I am looking to buy a Blu Ray player, its for someone else, and won't be used much so don't need a top of the range type thing but I would like it to play a couple of films I have on a flash drive.

Her TV is a normal flat screen 40 inch, her DVD player is old, and the TV won't read the flash drive, however I can watch it on my tablet or desktop.

I'm new to this technology, I presume it won't play because it is a blu ray type file on the flash drive, so would buying a Blu Ray solve this along with being a good present ?

The film is a 1080p.blurayx264-(YTS.AG)_mpeg4.avi file, the other one is a straight mp4 file.
What is the make and model of the TV?

ne5

Sorry for the delay, because its my girlfriends TV. The model is Toshiba 40BV701B digital series.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom