Question about audiolab

matik05

Novice Member
Hi guys , so i have a question i own a set of audiolab system - 8000Q-8000CDM-8000DAC-8000MX-8000MX connected to a set of Monitor audio RX2's , so heres my question my 8000Q does not have PHONO input even tho there is a ground connection on the back looks just like a phono ground so i was thinking to add 8000C but will the sound quality change? is my 8000Q better or the 8000C? or should i look for new system maybe?

Ashmanuk

You have invested a fair amount in Audiolab, why did you go for the Q when you had the mono's??
Having a pre would work better with mono's

Or just buy a phono stage? Or a record player line level out.

Last edited:

MIKEVO

I think the 8000Q is better built and is a better design than the 8000C and I think you will find the sound quality will become a little less involving if you change.

I would get an external Phono Pre amp.

matik05

Novice Member
I think the 8000Q is better built and is a better design than the 8000C and I think you will find the sound quality will become a little less involving if you change.

Any suggestions for the phone pre amp? I don’t know anything about phono

MIKEVO

Do you know if your cartridge Moving Magnet or Moving Coil?

You will get results by googling external phono stage for the best price in your country.

Darren Heal

+1
Pro-Ject, by the way, makes (or at least used to make) turntables with built-in phono pre-amps, which gives you another option.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom