1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about aelite 5.1 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mjirvine, Sep 27, 2005.

1. mjirvine

mjirvine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am still at a planning stage for my soon to be cinema room (14ftx13ft).....considering various options inc MA radius/Q4 setup/anthony gallos. However My current favourite is the Aelite 5.1 pack. - Aelite 3s, centre and 1's

my budget is ~£1500 for speakers.

Above setup seems to be ~£1900 but can save some £550-600 by using my current subwoofer - velodyne CHT-10R. Would this be good enough for the Aelites?

My AV receiver is currently a Denon 2805 (with KEF Q4/Q6c). would this cope with the Aelite 3s?? inthe mean time before getting upgraded or is an upgrade an ABSOLUTE requirement (hoping this can be put off for a while).

Finally I understand that the Aelites need space to breath, am I being silly putting them into a 14ftx13ft room or will they be ok with port bungs etc?

thanks in advance for any help.

Michael

2. Napier

Napier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Mjirvine,

I have the Aelites myself, I have the 3's, 2's and centre all plugged into a Denon 3805. They are brilliant and yes the do need space as they sound best when given some reasonable volume. The bass is excellent in them! I would say that your sub will probably be sufficient for now as the bass from the 3's is strong as it is. However in time you can upgrade your sub, don't be put off by the price either they are worth every penny for cabinet design to sound quality. I love mine and can't wait to move into my new house to show them off and give them some space. I am now looking into ways to sound proof my lounge so I can really let them loose ;-)

One thing I would say is that these speakers can go stupid loud, so keep them away from other expensive kit to avoid any interferance. My TV vibrates when I turn them up too much as the two are too close together. The cabinet design should allow for them to sit close to a TV and not cause electrical interferance however the volume levels can be heard from down the road!

Enjoy, buy without a care in the world as they are excellent but really show how good they are when you get happy with the volume turner.

Any questions - ask away!

Napier

3. mjirvine

mjirvine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, I was starting to think nobody has these speakers! can't seem to find much info on them anywhere??

Now the hard question, does anyone know where I can demo these in/near glasgow?? Can't find them anywhere and sevenoaks hasn't got them (although they used to - told me they didnt like them and so didnt get anymore in..... just before telling me LCD was dead and the KEF xq1 was rubbish!! and that what i really wanted was the MA RS6 set)

cheers

Michael