Question about a Razer Deathadder mouse

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by kroc_kroc, Feb 12, 2009.

1. kroc_kroc

kroc_kroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I wanted to upgrade my mouse and was hoping to get one of this mouse: Razer Deathadder.

Just wandering, do I need to buy the Razer Deathadder - Apple Mac Edition (white light) or can I just buy the normal one (blue light).

Will the normal one be compatible anyway? If I use this driver here:

Razer Mac DeathAdder Driver v1.0.2

Apparently the Mac version just points you in this direction anyway but my son prefers the blue one and i can get the blue one from Amazon.

Also, if anyone has any recommendation – that would be great. It will be used: Graphics = 70% Gaming = 30%

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    No idea about that mouse, but I use a Saitek gaming mouse on my iMac and a piece of software called SteerMouse that isn't too pricey.

Works a treat for me as all the buttons work. If the Razor Mac driver is for the same reason (to set up the buttons) then you'll not need SteerMouse which would be nice. No gaming mouse had Mac drivers when I got my Mac so I had to get SteerMouse.

BTW, any usb/bluetooth mouse will work on a Mac, just any extra buttons won't work unless you have software (or a driver) to set them up for OS X to use.

3. Bob

Bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    I bought Steermouse too, very useful :thumbsup: