Questin on HDTV settings on XBOX via digital amp

renedecandia

Standard Member
Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while but thought I'd pick everyones brain regarding HDTV through the XBOX 360.

I have an XBOX 360 want to connect it to my digital amplifier (Philips DFR9000) via a component cable. I then connect the amp to my Philips LCD TV via another component cable. I've set the amp to output in 1080i (which works as I still get a picture from the amp set-up menu). Now here's the problem. When I switch the XBOX cable to HDTV it defaults to 480p. I then set it to 1080i, the LCD picture goes blank (blue actually), I can still hear sound but after a few seconds the picture comes back and is reset to 480p. I've also tried the other settings (720p etc with the same result). If I connect the XBOX directly to the component-in on my LCD I can set it to 1080i no problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
So just to clarify, you have flicked the switch on the HD AV cable to HDTV and set the xbox to output 1080i. This results in no picture on your LCD TV ?

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
So just to clarify, you have flicked the switch on the HD AV cable to HDTV and set the xbox to output 1080i. This results in no picture on your LCD TV ?
from what i read it results in no picture when set to HDTV and 1080i via the AMP

but straight to the TV is fine

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Seems to me like that amp wont accept a HD signal over component and sets it back, Had a quick look at the manual for that amp but says nothing on that. But does seem that way.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom