Quest 2 refresh

u8myufo

Not sure if it`s been asked elswhere but what is it with the 90HZ experimental option? At first I just came across it and enabled 90HZ, I must admit I thought things did look a tad sharper and smoother, but it was not till later when I realised it was an experimental mode. Surely it can either do 90HZ now or it cannot, just feeling a bit bewildered, which ain`t difficult for my brain :D

Last edited:

thesnowdog

Not sure if it`s been asked elswhere but what is it with the 90HZ experimental option? At first I just came across it and enabled 90HZ, I must admit I thought things did look a tad sharper and smoother, but it was not till later when I realised it was an experimental mode. Surely it can either do 90HZ now or it cannot, just feeling a bit bewildered, which ain`t difficult for my brain :D

It's experimental because 90Hz causes some issues with the Guardian setup if I'm remembering correctly, so they couldn't have it 90Hz out of the box. They didn't want new owners to experience anything but a 100% first time setup out of the box.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading or hearing somewhere that they'll flick a proverbial switch and enable this 90Hz as the default next year once they've ironed out the kinks. :D

u8myufo

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Knowing Oculus, they will perfect 90hz via software easily. Just needs time.

thesnowdog

Yup, it'll be enabled via an update. They said next year but they might get it all sorted out before then, you never know.

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom