Quest 2 must have accessories?

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Yes, I’d say replace the knicker-elastic head strap too. Best upgrade I could have made. Also, a decent case to protect the Q2 when not in use, or being transported.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Head strap. The standard one is rubbish. I have 2, the halo (which couldn't get to fit) and this, which is far superior than the standard one.
Amazon product
I've just purchased a silicone mask as VR exercises can be sweaty and it should be easier to clean. I've found my glasses don't get stuck either.

Amazon product
You can get lens inserted as well. I'll be using this company. They are UK based and a similar price for my prescription as the aliexpress offering

Thanks for recommending those. I bought the headset strap and cover yeterday and received them today.

I christened both with a session of thrill of the fight.

The headset strap is a huge step up in comfort than the stock strap. It isn't as snug or as robust as the PSVR halo but it's still an absolute thumbs up from me. Finally, no headache inducing pressure on my forehead and now I can also position the quest's miniscule sweets pot properly. As I moved around vigorously throwing punches, ducking and shuffling around, the headset stayed perfectly in place, which I had a hard time keeping steady with the stock strap.

Absolutely recommended but time will tell how robust is it.

The vr cover is also effective enough sweat wise. After my session of thrill of the fight and a couple of Racket Fury matches, I was drenched in sweat and so was the cover which was so easy to wipe off and sanitise. It also felt better having the smoother silicon on my forehead so that is a huge thumbs up from me too.

I desperately also want to buy the prescription insert lens too but I need an eye test which I can't get during the covid lockdown...I think, anyone know if an eye test can be done online with an optician? just a very wild thought!

css_jay99

I desperately also want to buy the prescription insert lens too but I need an eye test which I can't get during the covid lockdown...I think, anyone know if an eye test can be done online with an optician? just a very wild thought!
It's business as usual at the moment for opticians ....

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks for recommending those. I bought the headset strap and cover yeterday and received them today.

I christened both with a session of thrill of the fight.

The headset strap is a huge step up in comfort than the stock strap. It isn't as snug or as robust as the PSVR halo but it's still an absolute thumbs up from me. Finally, no headache inducing pressure on my forehead and now I can also position the quest's miniscule sweets pot properly. As I moved around vigorously throwing punches, ducking and shuffling around, the headset stayed perfectly in place, which I had a hard time keeping steady with the stock strap.

Absolutely recommended but time will tell how robust is it.

The vr cover is also effective enough sweat wise. After my session of thrill of the fight and a couple of Racket Fury matches, I was drenched in sweat and so was the cover which was so easy to wipe off and sanitise. It also felt better having the smoother silicon on my forehead so that is a huge thumbs up from me too.

Nice to hear.
The head strap seems sturdy enough, it will likely be the tightening mechanism that breaks (if it breaks)
Eye tests are good to go. I'm having mine done on Sunday

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom