1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Query with Sony 36FS70

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by garysteel, May 3, 2001.

1. garysteel

garysteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does this tv tell you the type of signal being received on the Scart sockets, e.g. my old philips would say if it was pal / ntsc and then RGB, svhs or composite. So far I've seen nothing to indicate this ?

Does it give you access to Hue when playing an NTSC DVD. I tried setting up with Vid Essentials and it never gave a Hue control ?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Gary

2. T_Strife

T_Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your not getting Hue control its cos your dvd player is set to RGB.
    Best leave it there and bugger the Hue setting!

3. garysteel

garysteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    SO use of rgb disables Hue control, hmmm!!! Thanks for taking time to reply on this, Could you explain this to me as I thoguth NTSC was output even in RGB.

G.

4. T_Strife

T_Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary, as i understand it RGB is a way of transmitting the colour information seperately from the pal or ntsc signal. Composite & s-video signals on the other hand carry the 2 together. RGB is generally regarded as being the best connection out of these 3 because of this. Theoretically there should be no need to adjust the Hue of the picture because the Tv is receiving the colour information in a much purer form.
    I think the above info is correct but i could be way out, its a while since i read some of the 'heavier'! (and much appreciated) postings from other more knowledgeable members of the forum.
    At the end of the day its up to you whether or not your happy with the settings, if you can't get it right with RGB then set the dvd to s-vid and try again!
    Good luck.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary,

Scart one carries composite and RGB only, Scarts two and three carry composite and S-Video only. I have my Sky in Scart one set to RGB and my DVD in Scart two set to S-Video. :cool: