Query with Chrome

RrogerD

Novice Member
Hi,
Purchased a new Laptop and downloaded chrome entering my current Google account details. However when asked to synch, it brought in a complete screen setup and bookmarks and favourites etc from ages ago. It is not not as it looks on the old laptop.

My question how do I get rid of the old look stuff and bring across everything from the old previous laptop? I'm nervous about deleting things and setting up new accounts etc as I've a lot of stuff backed up in the account such as photos etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

12harry

Distinguished Member
One might suspect that Chrome's owners have a large memory space dedicated to their users... so as soon as you connected the new PC it realised it was missing and in an attempt to help ( without even asking!), it has loaded your PC with the older setup as this new PC more-nearly represented the much older PC. Of course no-one will ever know, The Fix may be doing a deep-clean.... very annoying.
Surprises me that there isn't a tick-box for a new PC owned by a satisfied User...?
Let us know how it is resolved...
Good Luck.

RrogerD

Novice Member
One might suspect that Chrome's owners have a large memory space dedicated to their users... so as soon as you connected the new PC it realised it was missing and in an attempt to help ( without even asking!), it has loaded your PC with the older setup as this new PC more-nearly represented the much older PC. Of course no-one will ever know, The Fix may be doing a deep-clean.... very annoying.
Surprises me that there isn't a tick-box for a new PC owned by a satisfied User...?
Let us know how it is resolved...
Good Luck.
Hi 12harry,

Thank you very much indeed for your taking the time to reply.

I've since however managed to resolve the issue, I'd also posted on another forum who'd given me the answer. It was a case of: on the new laptop, synching and then deleting everything. This apparently deletes everything stored on the server. Then, on the old machine, synching to upload everything the way I am currently seeing and using it. Then on the new laptop, deleting my account and then re-logging in but this time, synching and so in essence, getting the more up to date inform and settings that I want.

All good.

Next issue is trying to sort out the Outlook and mail setup without duplicainfg the 51k mail messages :-/

Thanks again for your time and help.

RrogerD

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom