query on wall mounts for sony 46hx903

jag

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have the tv, and its getting mounted onto a brick chimney breast...

i'll be buliding a box frame around this to get all the cabling hidden away and to get the "flush to wall" look.

i notice that people build a recessed photo frame effect around the tv to allow for air cirulation, but how is the cabling from the framed wall to the tv hidden?
sure if i box around the wall mount, the tv wont fit onto it?

i guess the option is to have a tilt and turn mount, but this will eat into the flat as possible so as not to eat into the room look...

between superslim mounts and canilevers, there is a good 100mm difference...

if i was to buy something like this mount CT Global CTG117M TV Wall Mount Bracket Tilt for Plasma 30-50 inch LCD LED TV - Wall Brackets Electronics at Play.com (UK) , how would i hide the wires leading to it?

Hi

We have a couple of tilt and turn mounts which won't add 100mm to your install;

This one is used very often as a recessed mount as it pulls out perpendicular to the wall and then swivels on a central axis. That means it always goes back into the recess straight without hitting the sides or trapping your fingers. Depth of this one is 74mm when flat;

http://www.m-formonline.co.uk/lcd-plasma-wall-mounts/37-to-52-free-motion-cantilever-bracket-black

The next one is our new super slim articulated mount. It has a common scissor style arrangement but this time is only 34mm deep when pushed back;

http://www.m-formonline.co.uk/led-tv-wall-mounts/32-to-55-articulated-led-tv-wall-mount

Hope this gives you a few more options.

Regards
Graham

thanks for your help graham,

ive built the framework for the flush look and need a minimum flat setting of 70mm. it can come out as much or as little as possible, i'm not too fussed about that.

so the full motion you mentioned, may be just a little too fat. and the super slim one is puching close to the tv weight. (30-32kg) tv, 35kg tollerance of bracket. i'd preffer to have a larger margin then 3-5kg considering the cost of the tv... are there any other options for me?

the bracket is to go into a class 1 chimney (3 brick deep) though may replace with solid concrete blocks where the bracket will go.

Last edited:
Hi

The 35Kgs is a recommended weight range, not the point at which the bracket will fall apart or stop functioning. If we rate something to 35Kgs it means that we've tested it to at least double that. Your TV weight without the stand is 30.2Kgs.

Looking at what you need I'd go for the super slim one, it'll work no problem.

Best Regards
Graham

Graham,

Is it ok to mount the tv onto the slimline bracket when then bracket isnt fully flush? as i'll have the frame and frame back (with hole cut for bracket to move), i wont be able to fix the tv when the bracket is "closed".

if this is fine, i'll order it asap.

Graham,

The Tv has fixing points of 300 * 300, the slimline bracket doesn't show these fittings on the website, will it still be suitable?

Hi

Yes, it is fine to fit the TV when no fully flush, you actually need the bracket pulled out to hang the TV anyway.

The 300x300 fittings are no problem.

Best Regards
Graham

thanks, ordering now

Hi Graham,

Quick question re the slimline bracket i ordered. Im mounting it onto a chimney breast that is only 1 brick deep.

Gas engineer says i need to be careful of not going through into the chimney flue as the holes could leak carbon monoxide into the room.

are there any specific bolts/screw length/diameter you would recommend to assure this doesnt happen?

Hi

Standard brick depth is around 100mm so anything up to that would be fine. If you do end up going through you can always squirt something into the hole before you insert your plug/screw so seal it.

Regards
Graham

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom