1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Query on Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dvdchild, Nov 30, 2004.

1. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hi all,

I maybe selling my 42" Viera complete with Pedestal Stand and nearly 3 years warranty. TV has had very low useage and is as new condition with remote, manuals but no box

What price could i expect to get for it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    dvdchild

2. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    anyone??

3. iangilroy

iangilroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to base your price on what people can get it for new minus a pretty big chunk. You can get JL to sell you a 42" Viera with a 5 year guarantee for about £2.5k.

I would have thought that you'd be looking at a maximum of £2k, probably a fair bit less. Just my opinion, though, and it depends on where you try to sell it.

4. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd concur that price would be much lower than the best brand new/warrantied deals available. I think all the fuss over JL price matching on this forum (which saved me a small fortune - thanks all) demonstrated that the plasma combination of high ticket price/relatively new technology makes us more risk averse than normal. The price of a used Viera would have to be low enough to compensate for losing the confidence that would be there with a new purchase in case of problems. £1500?

If it's not trite in the end it's worth what people will pay (not what the seller wants), just like houses this price isn't always rational.

5. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    ok guys thanks for your input - i thought about 2k

dvdchild