1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

query on PS inputs and outputs?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mickl, Mar 11, 2004.

1. mickl

mickl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    if my DVD player outputs PS and my projector has a PS mode, do both have to be in PS mode to display it or just one of the devices? :confused:

thanks

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    Surely both have to be set up for PS ; otherwise the receiving device (projector in your case) would be expecting the wrong format/scan rates etc.
    Only exception would be if the projector had some form of autodetection of the applied input mode.
    Not being overly conversent with projectors, I am not sure whether or not this is common.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well in my case i can decide on the projector if the de-interlacing is made on the player or on the projector.
    so i can set the dvd player to interlaced and the projector does the de-interlacing.
    and if i set the dvd player to progressive the projector just projects the image as received...

4. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Only one must be set to progressive, so to use the DVD players de-interlacer set this to progressive and turn off the PJ's built in de-interlacer or the other way round would be to set the DVD player to interlaced output and then allow the PJ to de-interlace.

Sometimes having both set to progressive can cause problems as the PJ will be trying to de-interlace an already progressive signal.

Cheers

Ryan

5. mickl

mickl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    cheers for the answers.

I've a Sony VW10HT and a Pioneer 757Ai, so wasn't too sure what I should set it to for PS playback.

In this case if I use an amp (AX5i) to component switch 2 devices I would still get the PS from the projector if I set the 757 to PS and pj to interlaced?