Query on new minidish/digiboxes, what deals can Sky offer?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Weinberg, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    At the moment in my home we have one Sky+ box, and 2 normal sky boxes. So we're paying 2 lots of £10 a month for Sky multiroom, and we also subscribe to the most expensive channel package.

We now have the maximum number of digiboxes connected to one minidish, so we need another. This is because we want to upgrade one digibox to Sky+, and want another new normal digibox in another room. Firstly they've said we need planning permission, though I've just been told that as we live in a private road this is not necessary. Is this correct?

Also I asked the woman on the phone if they can give any special deals, after all we're spending a lot with them every month-and would have 5 subscriptions in total. She was foreign, didn't understand me and was of no help.

I know that companies like Sky, as well as mobile phone companies and ISP's always offer special deals to customers for upgrades etc if you just phone them up. As I'm sure you'll agree, we'll have more digiboxes than most homes and I'd like them to offer a deal on the new boxes-maybe a half price Sky+ box, or 3 months free subscriptions on the new boxes etc. I'd like to know if anyone else has been offered such deals, so I can pass this on to Sky and ask for the same kind of deal myself. So what can they do for me?

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have the maximum number of boxes that you are allowed. Unless you can get written planning permission to have a second dish installed on the house, that's your lot.

3. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As I said above, I know that and asked if the fact I live in a private road means I don't need planning permission. I'm asking if I would be able to wrangle any special deals out of them.

4. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't matter where you live, national planning regs apply, and no, as an existing subscscriber you will not get any 'special' deals other than those that sky offer to all existing customers from time to time.