1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen - The Game - anyone else got it.?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by museumsteve, May 9, 2003.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    got mine from futureent.com this morning and have to say I'm really enjoying it, sounds so much better than the A Night at the Opera.
    The disc has DVD-Audio, DTS 96/24 and PCM Stereo formats on it. I've been through a few tracks on both DVD-A and DTS 96/24 and so far the DTS is blowing the DVD-A out of the water. The DVD-A is definately more bass reliant and thus is asking for the volume to be hiked up (sounds louder anyway), however the DTS sounds so much better. The channel seperation is so much more subtle in DTS. Also the DVD-A still seems to have this habit of senslessly putting stuff on different speakers for the sake of it.:( and there doesn;t seem to be any ambient sound across the entire room from DVD-A which the DTS seems to create nicely.
    That's all I wanted to say really, I think a lot of the criticism aimed at Night at the Opera can be left behind when it comes to this album and I hope to see more classic Queen stuff in the future.:)

Unfortunately I still cant put the DVD-A in the same league as Metallica or Fleetwood Mac Rumours when it comes to DVD-A music just yet and of course Eagles DTS CD will always be the benchmark for me on the DTS side.;)

Just my opinions..anyone else ordered it yet.?

2. gvh

gvh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    having read just this ... yep !

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Just received mine from futureent.com but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Just heard news of the full spec for the forthcoming Wembley DVDV....Looks good and at last in OAR (4:3)

Pre-order now available from CDWow....

http://www5.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=5500

4. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i got two days ago and found it to be fab.
    As to the dvda vs. dts i`ve have seen a couple of reviews saying that there was very little between them.I`ve only got a standard dvd player and thought that the dts mix was very loud and made the album more enjoyable ,compaired to the stereo mix.
    I`ve checked out the bitrate on that dvd a meter was fix on 10mbps all the time and that goes to show how much infomation there is on the dvda.
    The only thing they could have done was more extra like showing the remix or how they restored the tracks rater than a silly photo gallery.
    p.s i got mine fron dvd4music and payed £21 for it what dvd site where u got yours from I:e price,delivery,etc.
    i hope they innuendo next or a kind of magic,just to hear gimme the prize in dts5.1 would be a dream and is the metllica`s black album any good over the standard cd .

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I agree, the DTS track is much better than the DVD-A, as with A Night At the Opera. There's lots more bass on the DTS track, and the sound is much warmer, and balanced better over the speakers. The only thing that I found disappointing with The Game is the way the guitar solo in Save Me has been buried so low in the mix, when it should be screaming round the room!

This surprises me, because I had been led to believe that I was missing out by not having a DVD-A player, but I still believe that the DTS tracks sound so much better, so I'm starting to wonder why I bothered getting a new player! The Metallica DVD-A sounds pretty bassless too, and there's no DTS on that one!

Is it me, or does DVD-A suck?! :thumbsdow

6. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    You've been done mate! I paid £13.99 delivered from futureent.
    But having listened to it a few times now, I would have, quite
    willingly, coughed up a lot more. Excellent stuff! :smashin:

7. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The Live At Wembley DVD can now be Pre Ordered from CD Wow for £13.99, or just over £12 if you go to the Hong Kong site. ;)

8. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    got mine from futureent as well.:)
    as for better soundtracks..I'm gonna put some time aside tomorrow and listen to the whole album with both DTS & DVD-A..
    Glad to hear others are enjoying it.

9. gvh

gvh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Its here and I had a brief listen to some of it. I have no sub so its not got much bass overall. Fantastic otherwise. Mind you the last time I heard this album it was on cassette...

Just need some modern albums to be released on dvd-a or its never going to take off, even if they're just in stereo