Queen - Live at Wembley

I was only 17 when I saw them at Knebworth and will never forget seeing 130,000 people (I think) clapping Radio Ga Ga - Fantastic. Still going on about it 17 years later. Still got the T-Shirt (which still fits - just ) and Ticket stub and now a great DVD.

My copy of LAW dvd arrived this morning and after reading through this thread i can't wait to watch it!

I hope they do release more Queen concerts soon. The ones i'd like to see in their entirety include Houston 77 and Hammersmith Odeon 79.

One concert i doubt will get an official release is Caracas, Venezuela 81 - it was filmed by local tv using only three or four cameras right directly in front of the stage so there are no distant band shots, just a load of shaky close ups!

Got it Friday I think. Watched it Saterday night. Incredible! I've seenit on TV a few times. i was too young to do concerts and things while freddie was alive :( But the DVD is amazing, a heck of a lot better than the TV version.

The thing about them knocking down the two towers was quite good too. They certainly speak their minds! "Satisfy some crap architect's ego" or something to that effect :)

Originally posted by Army Bloke
Mines on the way...can't wait.:D :clap: :D

Came today - picci and sound are pretty top notch. However, no excuse for a 4.3 version in this day and age...

Was it not shot in 4:3 though matey??

2nd july, its out on region 1, for all us ntsc progressive scan peeps :)

Spoony.

Originally posted by Army Bloke
no excuse for a 4.3 version in this day and age...
:confused: But it was shot in 4:3 !

Have you seen Queen Video Hits 1 DVD?

4:3 BUTCHERED into 16:9 and looks AWFUL!

Incidentally, today I received the Queen Greatest Flix 1 & 2 DVD.
This was a promo DVD given away with some Panasonic players back in 97/98.
It was actually the first commercial DVD pressed in Europe.

Anyway, considering it's age (DVD was barely in it's infancy in 97) the pic quality puts GVH1 to shame! And it's in OAR

This is well worth getting even if it is only 2 channel stereo.
It's the best pic quality i've seen on the Queen promos and I assume it was sourced from the LD (which I have never seen).

Paid £28 from ebay, which isn't too bad as I've seen them go for much higher.

My mother has those DVD's - along with the Panasonic A100 she got them with, still going strong!!

my LAW arrived yesterday going to try and watch it over the weekend. Been listening to Live Killers and Live Magic in the car preparing :)

Originally posted by nwgarratt
The PCM stereo is the DD 2.0 bit. Obviously, this track is used for going through the TV but you will need DTS for surround sound.

PCM stereo is not the same as DD2.0.
This is good new that this dvd also has an uncompressed audio track as well as the DTS.

The pcm stereo on my Flix DVD is much better than the DD 2.0 soundtrack, which is defined as the old 'Dolby AC3' on th ecover and on the menu. Haven't seen that for a while!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom