1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen live at the Milton Keynes bowl

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by bowenjones, Sep 29, 2004.

1. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
  2. Tommy139

Tommy139

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Theres going to be lots of hints dropped as it gets nearer to xmas, I am sure someone will buy it for me if I mention it enough times. :clap:

3. WYNIR0

WYNIR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Great News. Thanks. :thumbsup:

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Only good news if they don't butcher the image into ws 16:9 like with previous releases. I still can't figure out why on earth they did this on Hits 1 ann 2 and The FM Tribute Concert.

I can't think of anything more annoying than the fact that they would go to all the trouble of re-editing the whole concert back to it's entirety and full glory, uncut and a DTS 5.1 re-mix to boot and then to top it all off.....
    Oh we'll just snip about 1/3 of the picture for the hell of it (after all it does 'fill the screen' on a WS TV)....what the fudge! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would assume not if the Director Gavin Taylor is involved like with the Wembly DVD which they left intact.

Interesting to hear the DTS mix which they produced from the original mono masters.

BTW, I still have the original Tube version that was aired in 1983 and is oldest video tape that I own and it still looks ok today.
    I'll stick with this if the new one is 16:9...5.1 or not!

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I can tell you fairly certainly that the Milton Keynes DVD will be in 4:3. If anyone hasn't already seen / heard it, it really is an excellent concert, and the band were on very top form. The inclusion of some tracks rarely heard live is an added bonus, as is the very interesting bonus material on the second disc, which apparently contains footage of the band performing the song Teo Torriatte in Japan, among other gems. I've also ordered the CD! :D

6. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Good news that's it's been kept in 4:3.

Teo Torritae, that'll be from the Japan 82 concert. I have the 'full' release of this on DVD. Another excellent show

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was on VH1 classics last night...full of ringtone adverts and the picture and sound were terrible!!

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    i wont be able to watch it - Brian May's hair used to stalk my nightmares - no human can have that much hair.

Gary