Quatermass and the Pit (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 16/05/2016

Limited to 2,000 copies. Previously Zavvi Exclusive.

qatp-jpg.707988

Attachments

• QATP.jpg
    QATP.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 363
  • QATP(inside).jpg
    QATP(inside).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 66
  • QATP(back).jpg
    QATP(back).jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
That looks a bit hideous which really hurts my feelings. [emoji23]

It's one of my all-time favourite films!

One brilliant film but that cover is appalling.

Bri
And they got Quatermass horizontally flipped (or the artist does not know about suits or spot jackets)if you look at Quatermass breast pocket its on the right, breast pockets are on the wearers left. Also just spotted the buttons on the waistcoat are on the wrong side a mistake they do on South Park, which is the side women have them.
And I dont think Eddie Izzard played Quatermass but Andrew Keir.:laugh:

It's not that often I go the Steelbook. I only have a few but those I have are very nice indeed. This is an all time favourite of mine. I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

Bri

Maybe the covers been reflected back on them in a mirror hence the horrified looks.

Great film bad steelbook.
I was writing my post above (7), whilst you posted yours (6). I was wondering if there was some mirroring or flipping the artwork but Hobbs in the background is the right way.
PS know you were joking.

I would have liked the thing from the pit and Roney very near the end on the cover but that probably would have been a spoiler but made me feel uneasy which extremely few films do.

Bryan Fuller wants Izzard as John Steed so why not Quatermass as well.

:D
Bri
Why is Brian Fuller doing a Quatermass film as well:laugh:

Like 95% of films of TV series they get it all wrong I can see Izzard as Steed the way they play it. I dont think no one can touch Patrick's Steed I thought even Ralph Fiennes style was wrong, too stiff Eddie probablt too far the other way.
izzard.jpg

The guys in the bottom look like zombies. Would not minded a nice glossy of Barbara Shelly on the cover or back who from that era who played in a lot of horror film is probably the last survivor who now 84 and may she have many more years.

Wonder if they will be doing the other Quatermass films in the series?

I might watch this again tonight as first time i watched it i was pretty ill and for the life of me i can't remember what happens about half way through.

Had to lough out loud when I saw the back cover.:rotfl:
Back 1.jpg

Wonder if they will be doing the other Quatermass films in the series?

I might watch this again tonight as first time i watched it i was pretty ill and for the life of me i can't remember what happens about half way through.

God I hope they do a better job with the covers if they do the others. You should enjoy Pit if you watch it again.

Bri

I see its a Studiocanal so Ill see if I can find one in the canal some who's bought it blind.

I wonder if this was the winning art in a student art competition (hate to see the worst).
Also re looking at the pic although I remember Quatermass wearing a similar shirt cannot remember or find and images anywhere of having what the call a windowpane design (large square design e.g. >click<) sports jacket nor a striped waistcoat.

Damn shame, as I wouldn't have minded a double dip on some cool artwork. Even the amary case come with the very nice Olly Moss art.

Attachments

• 8e050fd92feb5bfc9f3a004d7fff8525.jpg
    8e050fd92feb5bfc9f3a004d7fff8525.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 44
I found where the cover comes from here.
I would have preferred something like this I just made in a few seconds.
Pit 123.jpg

Here is the art of the Steel
Poster q.jpg

I found a pic with that sports jacket with that design which is a lot clearer than when I saw it last on the Horror channel, albeit not as pronounced but note the correct side of the waist coat and breast pocket.
quatermass.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom