1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quatermass, All 3 BBC TV Series On DVD

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,238
    For fans of the Quatermass they have just released all 3 TV series of the 50’s Quatermass on a new set of DVD’s.

This will not be to everyone’s taste The Quatermass Experiment which was the first in the series only contains the first 2 episodes but there is a pdf scrip which can be read.

Quatermass II is there in its entirety as is Quatermass and the Pit. The quality not unless they have done some major restoring of them is no way the quality that the films where of the same also made in the 50’s of the first 2 stories.

Of the 3 I have seem the last 2 and of them Quatermass and the Pit stands up the best and when I saw it in fully for the first time about 10 years ago it really frightened me nothing like had done since I saw Alien. Although on second viewing it was tamer.
    What’s more I think you have to forget about haw far special effects have come since those days.
    I’m looking forwards to seeing Quatermass II again although I think a better story does not come over as well as The Pit.

Note this set is the BBC productions not contain the ITV production with John Mills in the title role.

2. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    They have this set for just £16.99 at CDWow - even cheaper if you have vouchers of course (I'm a little peeved as I ordered from SendIt for £17.99 and it dropped through my letterbox this morning!).

CDWow also have the BBC Day of the Triffids & The Invisible Man for £8.99 each. I've ordered Triffids - can't wait to see it again - but I don't think I've ever seen the Beebs Invisible Man, er no pun intended. :D

Anyone know what it's like?

EDIT: actually, I suppose I should post this in the Bargain Forum.