Quarantine Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Gerard Magnier, 27th February 2009
"Quarantine" is pretty much a standard zombie/rage virus movie with the addition of a hand held camera adding a slightly novel angle to the genre. There's enough here to warrant a watch with some guaranteed scares. Ultlimately though there was nothing here that would tempt me back for a second viewing.

The video presentation is strong throughout with sharp detail even in some of the darker scenes. The audio mix really is the trump card for this BD release and is thoroughly enjoyable and immersive.

The extras, while providing some insight through the commentary track and featurettes, are by no means a comprehensive package and I was very surprised by the ommision of any references to the Spanish original.This BD release of “Quarantine” is passable but there’s nothing here to really make it a must buy. The movie itself is enjoyable but in my opinion time would be better spent checking out the superior Spanish original.

Read the full review...

Nah it's most definitely not an improvment over Rec but they are in the process of making Rec 2 at the moment which hopefully will be at least on par with the original

I'd not seen "REC" :confused:

but as a standalone movie of this genre "Quarantine" is worth a view imho

it made me jump a few times :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom