Quantum of Solace stop gap until MW2

Hi all,

I'm bored of WaW and COD4 (except Zombies), is QoS a worthwhile stop gap. I know the reviews are mixed but I know it uses the COD4 engine.

Graphics i'm not too concerned about, it's more about the playability. Does it play like COD (with the exception of it's 3rd person view occassionally)?

Thanks, Chris.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Yeah it's pretty good i got the PC version. Graphics are by no means shabby and if uv seen the movie u can relate to it well.
Cant comment about online as not tried it but shoots and plays well with decent cover (where 3rd person kicks in) so expect that to be fine.
Certainly worth a go for sure.

Stream62

Game was ok, good to while away a few hours playing but I wouldn't be on it loads..
.. not as much fun as COD as you have to rely on the cover system a bit more and I found the mini games a bit annoying (lock picking etc).

Graphics aren't up to the standard of COD but good enough for a blast.

Had a quick blast on the online and it was only ok, no where near the cod games. Very much running around shotgunning people or hiding in corners. The ranking up and buying new attachments etcd seemed quite interesting, looks like you could while away a reasonable amount of time..... didn't capture my attention like COD though...

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
i'd rather take the cash..:rotfl:
the games rubbish, i stuck to it to finish it for the simple points, but you can barrel through it in about 2 hours or less.

i'd rather take the cash..:rotfl:
the games rubbish, i stuck to it to finish it for the simple points, but you can barrel through it in about 2 hours or less.

Thanks for the info....2 hours is pretty pants.

To be honest I just wanted to play something with the COD4 feel and I presumed with it using the same engine the game would be similar in feel. Also I presume the controller layout will be similar..?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I know it's not the longest of games, but 2 hours?!!! Maybe I'm just crap ;)

Decent enough game, well worth £5 or £8 IMO. I suppose it comes down to whether you prefer trophies or achievements :)

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Its worth a play through for £5 m8. It's nothing special just think of all the other games made for movie tie-ins and you will be on the right track.

FourthLion

I second that the game is well worth £5-8 but I have to say even though this was built on the COD4 engine this game really doesn't feel at all like COD to me. Don't go in expecting call of Duty with a different paintjob, it's quite a different game (and quite inferior), but if you like James Bond (for the music alone even) it's a good laugh.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I have added this to my rental list, so if it comes through do you fancy some online Chris ?

Deftones

Stream62

Definitely worth a punt for that low a price.. i found the controls very similar to COD, just the cover thing as extra.

I played it on Xbox no idea what it's like on PS3 but would assume it would be the same, so i'd maybe go for that as it's cheaper (although saying that not sure how many people play it on the PS3 seem to remember that it was only a few thousand on the Xbox).

sdb123

Distinguished Member
My summarisation in three words....

Steer

Well

Clear

:)

Stealth Rodeo

I think you'll find the majority of opinions about this game can be found here...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-games/853374-james-bond-007-quantum-solace-play-help-thread.html

1000/1000. I know that opinion on this game is highly divided, but my views on this game have remained the same since day one. I accept that this game is never going to compete with the other big FPS hitters, but I've had so much fun playing both the SP campaign and the various MP playlists. If you can pick this up cheap at the moment, I highly recommend you do so.

rio1981

Got this through TescoDVDRental the other day, finished it this morning - gets a six out of ten from me, good for a rental or a cheap purchase but I found it to be a pretty average game... not a patch on the COD series gameplay-wise (either IW or Treyarch).

And come on, this is Bond, let me play with some gadgets!

rio1981

Well hurry up and post it back because its on my list from Tesco :D :smashin:

Deftones

:rotfl: I'm hoping they have more than just my copy in stock, in fairness!

michaelb007

I heard somewhere the multiplayer was good. It.........is...........not....:D

Single player is ok though, its like stranglehold or bourne but with bond.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
This turned up in the post on Saturday.
Started playing it yesterday for a few hours....only a few levels left :thumbsdow
Quite a short game, could easily be done in 3 - 4 hours !
Tried the online side of things and it was poor :(

Very happy that i rented this and it was not a purchase :smashin:

Deftones

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

WarnerMedia and Discovery to merge under AT&T deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals