• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quality Writing DL+ Burner

gabrymit

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I searched recommendations posts on this forum, but I couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.

Pretty much my first concern would be DL and normal DVD5 quality writing, less number of errors, well pretty much writing "safety" is my priority.

Speed, price (in the limits) and the rest would be secondary.

My pc is fairly old, I think It can handle SATA (don't think I tried before) but, you probably know more on this than I do.

I guess I'm looking for an internal one.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

kfalls

Established Member
I work for Sony and we use a lot of DVD burning drives. The main drives we use are BenQ, Lite-On and Plextor. Many DVD burning softwares provide an optimizer which calibrates the laser for optimum burning.

paddy317

Standard Member
I've always found NEC or LITEON to be good CD/DVD writers.. but the main thing to focus on for a good burn is getting quality discs IMHO. I usually stick to discs that use RICOHJPN dyes for dual layer discs, although not the best discs/dyes I think they have the best cost Vs quality ratio.... and MCC dyes or verbatim discs for single layer DVD... depending on what I need them for.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom