quality with a projector?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by reevesy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    hi all
    thinking of dipping a toe in the dvd recorder market as prices seem to be falling all the time and was wondering what recordings will look like on my themescene h30 pj using a denon 2900?
    i was looking at spending up to £300 (had my eye on the pioneer everyones been raving about on littlewoods's site)
    i'd be recording from sky using rgb and wanted to know how the quality would hold up on the big screen.
    anyone using similar kit?

2. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    When I use my old Sony 80 cm CRT TV, my Panny E85 is still quite decent even in LP mode. LP mode's loss of resolution, and its ghost edges that follow sharp transitions in the picture, are not enough to spoil my viewing pleasure. And I am more fussy than the average viewer.

But on a 42-inch plasma, these imperfections are more noticeable, to the extent that I no longer use LP mode on the E85. But SP is just fine, even when stretched to the E85's limit of 2hrs 59 minutes.

The screen height of the 16:9 42-inch plasma is only slightly more than the 4:3 80-inch CRT, but the plasma doesn't suffer the CRT's imperfections of convergence and focus. Before the plasma arrived, I never knew my video camera had a dead pixel!

These comments were on just changing from CRT to plasma, so I don't know how much worse it would be with a projector.

3. Tharksha

Tharksha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Quality of the recording in the pioneer 530h is very good. I record in the xp mode if I am going to watch the program in the projector and not much different from direct connection from SKY box.
    Picture quality of the Pioneer 530h is slightly inferior than my Sony DVPNS 905.

4. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    thanks,
    think i'll keep an eye on the 530h