Quality VGA cable?

V

void

Can anyone recommend where I can buy a high quality 10 meter vga cable to connect PC to Projector?

void

just got mine from

www.lindy.com

total quality

premium gold svga extention ,male to male, 10m,its triple sheilded withe gold plated conections.

price £38.50p

:D

hope this helps

ps. item number is

you also get 25 years garantee

cod

Thanks codling,
Exactly what I am looking for. Much better quality than the ones I had found so far.
Gav.

Originally posted by void
Can anyone recommend where I can buy a high quality 10 meter vga cable to connect PC to Projector?

If you require the connector for home cinema purposes contact the following site www.htcustomcables.com. This operation is based in Australia but they offer an excellent service.

Note the VGA cable is a special order.

Originally posted by codling
void

premium gold svga extention ,male to male, 10m,its triple sheilded withe gold plated conections.

/B]

but gold is a crap conductor it is used to stop the connectors oxidising and makes it look shiney.

good price though

so what do you recommend then?

I need to get a good quality SVGA cable soon

I have now received my 10 meter VGA cable from Lindy.com and I am very happy with it. The quality is good, and the service was excellent. There are alternative places like the one suggested by infomatique, but I went for a UK based outfit in the end because of time constraints.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Gav.

Sounds good to me, I think I'll order the 3 meter one for me - more than adequate!

How long did they take to deliver?

Roland,

Not much point in that kind of reply:(

We're all trying to help each other here. If you have a good alternative, or some helpful advice, I'm sure that would be better received!

Personally, I think a home made lead, using Shielded Cat 5 cable & metal bodied VGA connectors is the way to go.

I haven't been able to source any yet, apart from 1000ft rolls.

Don't think I need an extension quite so long:D :D :D

This is well spoken of over at AVS Forums.

Punce,

Despite a minor complication in my order (my fault, not theirs), two phone calls from Rebecca at Lindy.com alerted me to the problem, and ensured that my order was still there the following morning. I cant say better than that really.

I did consider the Cat5 route, but simply didn't have time to investigate. Would be interested in hearing about anyone elses experiences though.

Gav.

I've just searched a little for VGA cables, and it's confused me a little. These are different places selling different cables (3 meters):

1) Lindy site are selling this for £20.80

Premium Gold S-VGA Monitor Cable (15HDM/15HDM), 3m

Gold Plated 15 Way HD Male to 15 Way HD Male
Designed for highest quality monitor applications, including CAD, DTP and Multimedia installations when preservation of display is a major consideration
Triple shielded 'low loss' coaxial cable, gold plated contacts and gold plated metal hoods assembled in accordance with 'EMC' compatible construction techniques
Incorporating secondary internal screening which provides a high degree of EMI shielding with clearer signal transmissions and minimum distortion
25 year warranty

2) rgbtosvideo site are selling this for £32.00

15 Way HD Male to 15 Way HD Male, 3m. Gold plated pins with high quality 75 ohm matched cable for video lines.

3) Joe @ MediaFactory are selling this at £48.80

VanDamme 15 Way HD Male to 15 Way HD Male, 3m. These cables use very high quality, flexible, installation grade OFC cable with close tolerance connectors, colour coded strain reliefs and gold plated pins where possible.

So there's a big jump in prices there - I mean where do you draw the line? Is there an obvious difference between these different ones? Any 'blind tests'?

Before getting a proper cable from Gordon I bought a 'high quality' SVGA cable with gold plated connectors from one of the main PC component internet suppliers (dabs I think) for about £30. It went in the bin, what a load of crap.

Really?? made that much of a difference? can you define "CRAP".

Anyone else want to have their say?

Crap as in soft picture and bad ghosting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom