1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality Settings On 3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mike Delvaux, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Denon 3910 now for two days, and was wondering if any one
    has,adjusted the picture quality settings. Or do most people just use the factory set settings.
    My TV is a Hitachi 42" plasma (one of the old sorts so it does'nt have an
    HDMI input). The picture on the 3910 is very good although I can't say any better than the 2900
    So will adjusting the picture quality settings make a good picture even better.
    I'd be greatful for any information on adjusting these settings.

Thanks

Mike.

2. Krazykaj

Krazykaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would highly recommend that you get a Video Calibration DVD, and setup the 3910.
    Yes, out of the box the player is good already, but it is even better once setup and fine tuned :)

Well for me it was anyway . . .

There have also been reports of some 3910's with certain build dates, not passing BTB info, so this is also a good way to see if you are getting the 'full' range of video with your player.

cheers
    KJ

3. Mike Delvaux

Mike Delvaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the video essentials DVD so i'll give it a go.
    I have'nt had a glass of wine yet, but what does passing BTB info mean.

Cheers

Mike.

4. Krazykaj

Krazykaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTB = Blacker than Black

Usually a lot of picture info/detail in shadows and dark scenes during a movie are lost if your player is incapable of displaying/passing this info. For many people this is a major issue, especially concerning a player of the 3910's class.

See this poll for a bit more info on the BTB issues with the 3910; hopefully yours is ok :) http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=513507&referrerid=7459668

Also more info regarding BT and DVE here http://www.videoessentials.com/ve_d_alb_discnotes.php

Cheers

KJ

5. techguy8812

techguy8812

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0