Quality On MCE VS DVD Recorders Plz Help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by nadeem, Nov 1, 2005.

1. nadeem

nadeem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I dont know what to get MCE or DVD Recorder?

I've had alook at Pioneers/LG & Panasonics Recorders which produce/Record Exellent Quality.
    How good does MCE record TV? If it depends on TV tuner digital/Analogue which one is the best with Quality/recording.

To be honest i'd rather have a MCE PC but all down to recording quality.

Hope you all can help.

Thank you

2. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IF you have a MCE system with freeview then the recordings will be broadcast quality.
    If recording from an external analogue source then the recordings are comparable (at least to my Pansonic DMR 50)

3. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    MCE recording to the hard drive are at the same quality as broadcast as MCE records the digital stream directly with no processing.

Should you then decide to archive the programme to DVD MCE will compress the programme only as much as is needed to fit it onto the disc. As rollup 2 has included support for dual layer discs this could mean no compression at all for most programmes/films.

I have just copied a 2 hour 20 min film from the hard drive to single layer DVD. Although this must have involved a compression factor of just over 2:1 I cannot see any discernable difference in the picture quality on a 37 inch plasma screen!

Mark

4. nadeem

nadeem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow this is brilliant very quick reply there, thanks mark+one.
    Right, dvd recorders/MCE will record what ever the broadcast quality is correct?
    How will i find out what resolutions/bit rates does MCE record in, as it has different recording levels HQ,SP LP etc.
    So basically, whats the best TV tuner card to record 2 channels & watch a recorded one?
    Last thing guys, I have a 44" LG DLP with 2xcomponent connections. If i get a graphics card with hdtv out, will the out put be better than normal svideo, as you all know svideo isnt really good when outputting to tv. colours are not same. Well thats what i get.

Hope you dont mind all these questions.