Quality of the Toshiba 32Zd26 at playing back VIDEOS from a VCR?

D

djg1

:hiya: :clap: HELP>>>>

Whats video playback picture like on the TOSHIBA 32ZD26b as i found that nearly all 100htz TV's are grainy and not so good at this task as they are with good source material such as DVD's etc.

Can anybody put me at ease....

And would the 50htz Toshiba 32Z23b be a beter buy as a all rounder? (yes i know its a cheaper set and basic but...will it be better or not?)

thank you everyone..
:smashin:

sorry also forgt to ask....

Does Prog scan mode make a differnce to the quality of video playback or not.....and watching Footbal?

I think that the 'progressive' setting on the ZD26 is 50Hz, which is what I have mine set to all the time.

I also use my ZD26 to watch football, and it works wonders - we are 5 points ahead :D

I think you must ask Liverpool supporters about watching video, I understand a lot of them are doing that these days.

anon.

OH NO your a bloody ARSNAL fan then!:mad: :thumbsdow

Never mind, we are only 5 pionts behind, and since we have to play u soon should grab three pionts back!:zonked:

That means its all to play for. Mind u if we play like we did today, against Liverpool the title is yours...AGAIN!:mad:

Anyway.. joking aside.. thanx for the reply.

Whats yous like at playing Videos? I have a huge collection and it must =be good at doing this for me to buy one. I was wondering if a normal 50hz would be a better buy.???? But i really like the TOSH 32Zd26.... And can u see the Digital shroud or moir effect on edges and in bright colours? It goes when u reduce the sharpness but u then get a blurry image.

thanx.:hiya: :smashin:

Originally posted by djg1
Whats yous like at playing Videos? I have a huge collection and it must =be good at doing this for me to buy one. I was wondering if a normal 50hz would be a better buy.???? But i really like the TOSH 32Zd26.... And can u see the Digital shroud or moir effect on edges and in bright colours? It goes when u reduce the sharpness but u then get a blurry image.

I have the 36" version of the TV and quite often watch timeshifted stuff (Friends, CSI Miami, Cold Feet etc.) that I tape when I'm out and not home to watch live.

My VCR is a fairly good player, I tape direct from Sky using a decent SCART lead I do make sure I user higher grade tapes and therefore the picture is about as good as VHS is ever going to be. As mentioned by ditton15, I use the Progress mode to watch everything, including VHS replay. It works fine and is usually comparable to a more colour saturated version (being non-RGB replayed) of one of the mid-quality Sky channels being watched live.

- the display of videos will nearly always disappoint once you get the dvd habit.
- there is lots here about settings for the ToshZD26.
- But first, go get one at a good price and from a good source. Check out JL price matching: you need a good price from an online dealer who has a high street presence. Search elsewhere for that.

Originally posted by djg1
Never mind, we are only 5 pionts behind, and since we have to play u soon should grab three pionts back!:zonked:

That means its all to play for. Mind u if we play like we did today, against Liverpool the title is yours...AGAIN!:mad:

correction, 8 points. And so it looks like you will be resorting to watching 'glory days' videos. shame init.

ditton

djg1,

I still watch many of my pre-cert videos from around 20 years ago, the picture in Progress Mode is very acceptable, no flickering or digital effects mar the picture. I haven't tried it in any of the 100Hz modes as IMO they are a waste of time.

I also make recordings from NTL digital (Friends, Sex and the City etc.) in S-VHS and the playback is pretty much broadcast quality. I have fooled a few people that they are watching a "live" broadcast.

I will also take the opportunity to emphasise the fact that Progress Mode is the ONLY picture mode you should ever need to use (ditton15 and juboy are obviously "in the know" ;) ).

Originally posted by bibooo
I will also take the opportunity to emphasise the fact that Progress Mode is the ONLY picture mode you should ever need to use (ditton15 and juboy are obviously "in the know" ;) ).

... yes, master :)

But the other key feature of the ZD26 is its ability to display NTSC (region 1) dvds via progressive scan from suitably equipped DVD players, such as the Tosh sd220, 510, 520 and several others.

ditton

Originally posted by ditton15
But the other key feature of the ZD26 is its ability to display NTSC (region 1) dvds via progressive scan from suitably equipped DVD players, such as the Tosh sd220, 510, 520 and several others.

That's certainly the reason one now lives in my front room :)

I've never bought a R2 DVD in my life :D

Originally posted by ditton15
... yes, master :)

Agreed, my Tosh SD-900e gives a simply arse spankingly good picture in NTSC progressive scan ! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom