Quality of Sky Service Overall

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by General Skanky, Jun 9, 2001.

1. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Considering that we are quite lucky here as the enlightened few, we can get an answer to a problem as listed below in all the topics. What about the poor lot in their millions, that don't have access to things like a forced download to upgrade their duff software? What about the millions that spend hours talking to sky or worse, waiting for an engineer to come round, maybe even at cost to themselves?
    It just seems to me that Sky can do better.
    Too many problems of the same ilk!
    Wouldn't it be better that they got the software side of things right first time, and solve problems, rather than rush about and create new problems such as the planner thread below?
    We are ok, imagine if you were Joe Public. Stress levels must surely flare up.

2. Alan CD

Alan CD
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,591
    Hi

Being another of the many few who trawl through the forums gaining information and continuing to learn stuff I quite see your point of view.

However, ignorance is bliss! Also, people have a tendancy to work round problems and carry on with their lives. Sky's little error would'nt concern many people as it is too small a problem. Maybe get a little irritated but then move on...

Stress levels flare up? No - I don't think so, Joe Public has other things to think about.

I agree with you about Sky - their software testing and quality assurance is crap.

Alan

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Jesus , this has to be the resurection of the decade so far . 2001 :eek:

Unless of course there is a problem with the software , because 7+ years on we are taking the same old problems and solutions :rotfl: We even have a planner thread running :lesson:

4. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    Building on Alan CD's comments, remember that the forums are used, for the main part, by people with problems.

The VAST majority do not have, or do not notice/care about, problems.

Neil

5. manu

manu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Exactly and not to mention the thousands of people who either don't have Internet access or be bothered to highlight the problems they have. Sometimes forums are a little negative but then without that these companies would only be more powerful as people like us wouldn't ever see any other problems or complaints.

6. nikonuser11

nikonuser11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    Ha ha ha made my day:rotfl: