1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality of projected screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by StormReflex, Nov 19, 2004.

1. StormReflex

StormReflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im considering getting a Sanyo Z3 and using a screen from http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=3185 but have never really seen this setup to be able to judge quality, I plan on using a PC fed with all inputs from my AV Amp, and then the DVI image sent directly to the projector.

Films would look great I would imagine, but hows about the general PC desktop and web browsing, would these look good and legible too ?

Cheers

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm actually considering something similar for my setup, except for the time being at least I plan on using my CRT TV.

I am thinking of using either Meedio, Tvedia or possibly Windows MCE so that I would be able to simplify the use of my PC as much as possible and because all the above software is designed to be used in a living room on a big screen all the fonts and icons should be easier to see.

So far I have managed to talk myself out of buying a projector, mainly because of physical setup difficulties and running costs ( replacement lamp )
    I am really waiting for lcd tv's to fall in price, I have seen one at dabs.com for about £1k which seems pretty good and I remember seeing a review of it, possibly in these forums.
    http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hom...sandprojection/productView.htm?quicklinx=3FRP

3. xavk1

xavk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Stormreflex,

I have a Z2 projecting onto a homemade screen, and I can say that the desktop looks great - perfectly legible etc. Not sure I would want to work with a screen that size (mine is 115"), but it is perfectly feasible. I can only assume from the reviews that the Z3 would be slightly better than my setup.

Xav

4. Pidsley

Pidsley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm interested in a diy screen due to cost. Can you give me a pointers were to start?

Regards