Quality Flat Speaker Cable. Any recommendations please.

ResB

I need about 20m for my Home Cinema System but the wire needs to be flat as it is going under my living room carpet.

Many Thanks. ;)

Ian J

Banned
Ixos 607 is what I use for my rears. About £1.80 per metre and flat with a self adhesive strip down one side

ResB

Thanks for the replies. Nordost is my personal favourite at the moment but it is muchas moulla.

I'm thinking of the Nordost2 Flat at about £4.99/m but the quest continues. :)

SamirP

Hi Resb
If nordost is your favourite, check out PJ hi-fi they have 17 meters of Nordost Flatline Gold bi-wire for £195 in the special offers section ;) that's £11.47 per meter
Great cable I use it for my fronts :)

mudan

E

esquire415

If you want to spend lots of money, then Nordost it is. That QED Qontour looks promising. But for 20m, the gauge of the wire is more important than the brand name. I suggest 14AWG as the maximum, the lower the better.

ResB

Originally posted by mudan
QED Qontour

www.qed.co.uk

On that note this one looks promising. :) I wonder how wide it is as I have to feed it through the hollow tube of a rear AG rear speaker stand. Could do with it in black too.

Don't want much do I?

bob1

Originally posted by esquire415
QED Qontour Ultra-flat

Before you indulge, it doesn't hurt to check the gauge first because QED does not mention it on their site. If their cable is 16AWG or higher, forget it!

[/URL]
Yes it does.1.13mm =less than 16awg.(around 17awg)
But he doesn't say if its 20m for each speaker or in total,its more likley to be 20m in total.

E

esquire415

Oh...in that case, that gauge is not good enough for a 20m wire for each speaker...look elsewhere. But if it's 20m total, then it would suffice.

ResB

I'm intending to lay 3 x 6m lengths (appx) and the cable is entiely for the rear speakers which are the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's.

esquire415 - Thanks for the links, checking them out now. :)

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom