Quality component leads...

S

Steffche

Can anyone honestly confirm what difference in picture quality a $70 set of leads makes as apposed to a $10 set of leads...(component leads).

ie, What are the visible effects using cheap leads when connecting DVD player to PLasma via component Progressive scan input.....?

:lease: :lease: :lease:

Taking currency differences into account, you are talking about spending £5 UK on component leads? It's not surprising you have a wee spot of trouble! They're probably made of string for that. £40, or $70-$80 will get you a set that will be hard to visibly improve on, a good price point in my view. QED make one that I use as custom install interconnect for that kind of money. Just get one in your hand, and no more need be said! But I'll say it anyway, for the record. Video needs precise resistance in the cable, we describe it as 75 ohm interconnect. Ideally it should be BNC connectors on both ends, not possible with your plasma, so phonos properly attached, high quality conductor, insulator and shielding is what does the trick. Poor shielding can result in a grainy appearance due to interference from any neighbouring cables, especially mains. Try to keep them separate as much as possible, and where they must cross, do it at 90degrees, not a birds nest.

Richer Sounds always used to offer a "box of leads" on loan for a deposit, so you could go home and try out various types of audio and video interconnects with your own equipment and judge for yourself - may be worth giving it a go if there is one near you and they still do it.

Click on "Your forum settings" at the top, then click on "Edit Profile" and enter town/city, nd/or country or whatever else you want.

Thanks. I did see that but didn't make the connection to "location" on the profile .perhaps others are also thick?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom