• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

quake4 cheating

skytecbvmo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a quick letter sent to ms live today.
Quake4 cheating:-
Im sure you are aware of the ctf cheat thats making a mess of the leader boards for this game.
Take a look at the top 10 in quake4 and tell me that these guys ain't cheating.
I reported a load of them last night but i would like some feedback on what urselfs are going to do about this ongoing problem.
I think the leaderboard should be reset and ctf arena disabled untill a time the patch as been sorted.
At the very least the guys that are doing this be banned.
thank you for your understanding in this matter.

let's see what they do about that then

Razor

Distinguished Member
How are they cheating?

is1111

Kinhell said:
What a weird accusation
not having played quake 4 i assume that there is some sort of glitch in ctf games that is allowing people to improve their ranking.
would be interesting to hear what the original poster is implying though.

skytecbvmo

The points glitch

You need 4 people to play in a CTF average game 2 players on each team, The person who is going to get the points has to score 4 flags while the 2 other players on the other team commit suicide 15 times each. When that is done the person getting the points has to kill the other team 25 total times. Once this is done the person getting the points need to have his partner commit suicide 40 to 50 times. This is the tricky part you have to watch the score board when your partner gets to about 40 suicides watch the score because if you go over 1000 points in the game they will reset. So once you get to 900 to 1000 have your partner stop killing his self and just wait for the game timer to run out and the points are yours. Note: if you score the 5th flag you will only get like 200 points for that game.

Figured i would get this out there so maby raven will get of there *** and patch this game.

S

syntax error

skytecbvmo said:
The points glitch

You need 4 people to play in a CTF average game 2 players on each team, The person who is going to get the points has to score 4 flags while the 2 other players on the other team commit suicide 15 times each. When that is done the person getting the points has to kill the other team 25 total times. Once this is done the person getting the points need to have his partner commit suicide 40 to 50 times. This is the tricky part you have to watch the score board when your partner gets to about 40 suicides watch the score because if you go over 1000 points in the game they will reset. So once you get to 900 to 1000 have your partner stop killing his self and just wait for the game timer to run out and the points are yours. Note: if you score the 5th flag you will only get like 200 points for that game.

Figured i would get this out there so maby raven will get of there *** and patch this game.

sweet, I will try this tonight :smashin:

mercapto

Standard Member
The CoD2 thing is nasty, I've caught 3 people so far using that bug in the PC version after I heard it here...you lot set em up to it! :p
It's easy enough to block em while screaming CHEATER!!!, but that doesn't make me look very good and my score suffers :(
I still kick ass though! :) Kinda... ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom