• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quake v AS80 v SW150 v MS309

nheather

Distinguished Member
Considering a small system of either 5x Canton CD50 or 5x B&W M-1.

My budget has already grown so I'm looking at reasonable budget subs. Which of these would you recommend?

Rel Quake (2nd Hand)
Canton AS80
Wharfdale SW150
Mordaunt Short MS309
BK XLS200

Cheers,

Nigel

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
i own a quake, nice little sub, its more suited to providing a good quality bass rather than quantity tho, turn it up too loud and it does tend to lose control.......i'd say use in a room no bigger than 12x18 for best effect....

it does however still go very low considering its size....lower than most subs do at the price range.......

i dont know how it compares to the other ones u mentioned, but i give it a thumbs up.....can be had for around £300 now i think from Sevenoaks brand new, however you could probably get it second hand for under £200 quite easily....

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
oh, however, if could pay off a total of £650-700 over the next 9 months, pop in to sevenoaks and take up their 9months interest free credit and get the Strata 5.....heh....its a whole new world...lol

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom