quadscan scaler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fatrich, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi can anyone in the know please help me , i have a hcpc running through a bg808 and the picture is very good, could i add a scaler like a Quadscan to my system would it improve the picture quality and roughly by how much its just that a guy is selling a quadscan version 2.10 on the forum and i might be interested if the hcpc/quadscan/bg808 works.I dont know if this makes a difference but i dont watch tv or play games through the pj.

cheers in advance

richard

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard

Depends what you've got in the HTPC. If you've got 2ghz Raedon blah blah, then you may well stay put.

I went the Quadscan route over a year ago cos the HTPC where then, not up to the job. I like that fact that I can also use it to watch Sky + and Xbox. But you do notice the drop in quality from a component fed DVD to S video Sky + Alot softer.

Assume your 808 has component in, so you could just get one of the latest PAL enabled progressive DVD player.

Regards

Nathan

3. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Not much use for an 808 really.

I have a Quadscan pro V2.50 (last version) and its OK. Its not up to the quality of a well speced PC though. Its a trade of between useability and picture quality.

Rob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.