1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quadscan elite [progressive scan]

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chris9682, Jan 2, 2003.

1. chris9682

chris9682
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking at upgrading my dvd player, will my quadscan elite accept progressive scan signal from dvd player using component out/in sockets

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

The quadscan (or any other similar device) will not do anything with a progressive signal. A progressive dvd player is simply doing one of the things that your quadscan is designed to do. The quadscan will only accept an interlaced component, s-video or composite input which it then deinterlaces and scales.

However, the quadscan has a vga pass thru which you could probably use to pass a progressive component signal from your dvd player.

If your problem is NOT having a progressive component input on your display then you need to look at something like the Key Digital component to vga transcoder (talk to Gordon about this), OR you need to find a dvd player with a vga type output ....... progressive on a scart (if that happens) may well be rgb +sync.

brian

3. chris9682

chris9682
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers brian, so basically all i need to do when i upgrade is buy a player without prog scan