1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quadscan Blowout Deal not so good...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jenz, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turns out that the AVSForum Quadscan Pro deal is not so hot after all. Not on pricing per se but on the delivery, namely that they are unsure whether or not they can get units that are 240v.

Would take quite awhile apparently [​IMG]

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Jenz

Email the guys I I got to email you. Get them to check the power supply for there's I'm pretty sure it's a switch mode device that works from 100v - 240v.

If so there's likley to be no difference in export models other than supplied mains lead.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't to worried about this, it was the several weeks potential for delivery. There is no stock, they are getting them in on an as is basis. Just felt quite uncomfortable talking it through on the phone. Ad implied they were there waiting to go.

4. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are 2 versions of the Desktop model:

SKU #444-5520
    The power supply shipped with this model (the US model on AVS) is a transformer that takes a US 110v supply.

SKU #444-5524
    The power supply shipped with this model (the International model) is a switch-mode unit that takes any voltage between 100v and 240v.

I originally had the former, I now have the latter. Hope that clarifies the power supply situation.

Regards
    Gary

[This message has been edited by GaryG (edited 22-03-2001).]

5. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to forego the Quad and picked up something else at the wifes insistance... "Neil get a damn Video Processor to control this lot, I can't handle the HTPC..."

How could I refuse [​IMG]

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics

[This message has been edited by Jenz (edited 22-03-2001).]