Quadraspire CRT table

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nic Rhodes, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to talk about tables but this one houses a CRT so I though it most appropriate posted here. I was looking at several things yesterday when I noticed a Seleco 800 in a ‘purpose designed' CRT projector table. It looked excellent and as I always assumed, if I went down this route I would have to build one myself.

Are there other manufacturers who do these?

I have a picture of the Harrods room that uses one of these. Frankly it looks very nice but a bit pricey, but time is the one thing I don't have at the moment so I would be prepared to stump up the cash.

Any thoughts/ opinions / comments guys?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,056
    Nic,

Working on the NEC later today if I have time. We have a picture and all seems pretty good. I need to do greyscale.

The crt box we built for the shops dem units is lined with KU-Stone. It's the stuff Linn use to damp the inside of their speaker cabinets. It's EXTREMELY effective at absorbibg fan noise. Definately worth considering. Before anyonea asks I can't remember how much a block of the stuff costs. I can find out though.

Gordon

3. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I know nothing about the CRT stand but I have been using Quadraspire hi fi tables for a while now.<br />They are a very good company - My local dealer Audio Counsel has even suggested and designed improvements which Quadraspire are now producing as a 'reference' product. <br />In terms of hi-fi they sound excellent although how this transfers to crt projectors I don't know.<br />Their AV stands are very sturdy but still among the cheapest around.

Hope this helps<br />Alex