Quad LNB works on normal Humax HD box?

I bought an Humax HD box already and now i need to get some one to install a dish for me.

will this Quad dish be ok as i might want to upgrade to an HDR box later?

Buy Twin Freesat Installation. at Argos.co.uk

Regards
Pion

A quad lnb is 4 electrically seperate lnb's sharing a common feed horn. If the lnb is suitable for your dish any of the 4 outputs should work with any satellite tuner.

I bought an Humax HD box already and now i need to get some one to install a dish for me.

will this Quad dish be ok as i might want to upgrade to an HDR box later?

Buy Twin Freesat Installation. at Argos.co.uk

Regards
Pion

Judging from the reviews on the Argos site, it appears people are generally very pleased with the installation, so perhaps you should go for it.

At least you've a reputable company to complain to in the unlikely event of the installer not being up to scratch.

David

Judging from the reviews on the Argos site, it appears people are generally very pleased with the installation, so perhaps you should go for it.

At least you've a reputable company to complain to in the unlikely event of the installer not being up to scratch.

David

Beware Argos seem to have got hold of a load of twin lnb's and could be installing these instead of quads.

Beware Argos seem to have got hold of a load of twin lnb's and could be installing these instead of quads.

Indeed Graham, looking at the advert again, it does seem they're promoting a twin installation and nowhere does it say quad.

David

you guys are right.

anyone know, who else does quad installation within the same price range?

If you know you won't need quad in the foreseeable future, you could of course still go for the Argos deal.

Even if you did then need to update, quad LNB's can be picked up on eBay for less than £20. Providing you can access the dish, replacement can be a fairly straightforward DIY job - even I did it.

David

Last edited:
If you know you won't need quad in the foreseeable future, you could of course still go for the Argos deal.

Even if you did then need to update, quad LNB's can be picked up on eBay for less than £20. Providing you can access the dish, replacement can be a fairly straightforward DIY job - even I did it.

David

Beware of this route - twin lnbs are NOT made any longer for Sky minidishes and have not been for many years, so the installer is likely to be a installing a standard "round dish" for which the quad lnbs (listed for Sky on ebay) are NOT suitable.

Beware of this route - twin lnbs are NOT made any longer for Sky minidishes and have not been for many years, so the installer is likely to be a installing a standard "round dish" for which the quad lnbs (listed for Sky on ebay) are NOT suitable.

Thanks Dave and apologies for the albeit well intentioned misinformation.

David

Where do you live? I'll install dish, quad and any cabling for you...

Im in the Hampshire area. PM me if any good for you...

Last edited:
Birmingham. too far from you.

Let me know if you know any1 can do it for me.

Last edited:
Birmingham. too far from you.

Let me know if you know any1 can do it for me.

Yeah, Just a little... Errm, dont have any contacts up there... There is a company in Bristol called Future TV, They may be able to help... Failing that, lookout for a local sky van and if hes stopped or working at a nearby house, just ask the question... im sure they'll do it for you!

Is it really difficult to find anybody who'll supply and install a sat dish? I've no idea myself but, if it is the case, then I'm surprised.

Maybe the OP could try looking in Yellow Pages.

David

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom