Quad lnb please help

S

STEVENMARR

we take sky away in the caravan with us and have a spare dish in the caravan,this has always worked but recently got sky plus.I bought a thomson quad lnb from ebay but when i connected everything up i had no signal strength or quality.
Iinitially i thought it may be the cable so connected my old sky box with the old lnb and i had good signal strength and quality,so i thought the lnb must have been broke.
i ordered a new quad lnb and when connected up everything was fine but 2 weeks later when i connected it up again nothing no signal or input strength.
Than just to confuse me more the old sky box works when connected with this lnb.
The sky box is a thomson box if this makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance

Steven

SamRadford

Some Grundig (and possibly Thomson) Sky Digiboxes show "no signal" if the cable is too short because the signal overloads the tuner.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that you use a brand new cable and run through the tests again.

Some Grundig (and possibly Thomson) Sky Digiboxes show "no signal" if the cable is too short because the signal overloads the tuner.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that you use a brand new cable and run through the tests again.

And apparently the Thomson quad has the highest output level of the Sky lnbs

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom