Quad-L & R90's combo

AverageJoe

Standard Member
I'm thinking of buying a Quad-L with 4 x MA Radius R90's sats and a R225 centre. Missus has constrained me to R90's as they are quite small so gone for Quad-L rather than XLS200 to help with bass. Main use is movies with very occasional music. Does anyone else have this setup or any thoughts on this?

Kazman

The Quad L Subwoofer is a very good sub, one of the best I've heard at its price point.

It should be able to integrate quite well with the Monitor Audios. What is the frequency range of the MA Radius speakers?

AverageJoe

Standard Member
Hi Kazman,
R90's sats are 85Hz - 25KHz rear ported 60W RMS
R225 centre is 55Hz - 25KHz front ported bass reflex 120W RMS

From what I have gleaned from the threads, I would stretch the sub crossover up to make up for slight lack of bass in the sats. Any suggestions what to set this crossover to (I cannot find the Quad-L specs anywhere) and is this set up in the amp, sub, or both? :confused:

Jules Tohpipi

Take a look at http://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/lseriesbroch.pdf for Quad subwoofer specs. It's towards the back of the brochure on page 11, at the bottom.

The filters are switchable and can be set to the following frequencies: 35Hz, 45Hz, 55Hz, 65Hz, 75Hz or 85Hz. So you should be OK.

Alternatively, 'By-pass' can be selected which means any signal coming into the sub bypasses the sub's filters. This would be your choice if you were leaving your AV amp to decide/do all the bass management stuff.

Kazman

Lost Cause answered the question perfectly :D so there was no need for me to reply :) Don't want you thinking I forgot about you :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom