Quad L-ite vs B&W MT20

T

The Prophet

Anyone that has listened to both? Which one is best for music?

Cheers

I have listened to the Quad L-ite, and I aim to listen to the MT-20 in a few days, although I have a hard time believing that the B&W would beat the L-ite's :)

tc08 said:
I have listened to the Quad L-ite, and I aim to listen to the MT-20 in a few days, although I have a hard time believing that the B&W would beat the L-ite's :)

Please post your impressions when you've listened to both!

I heard the mt20 system the other day with yamaha 757. I sounded awesome. I have to say though i had a feeling the yamaha 757 to me felt like it was letting the combo down a bit. As yamaha trademark sound that I am use to as I do dvd testing and my room has a Yamaha rx1000 with leema acoustic speakers. As I am well atuned to yamaha trade sound of having a slightly muffled mid was coming through to me. After listening to many amps before hand I opted for Sony DB795. I found the clarity of this amp was astonishing and the processing speed of effects was amazing and so was effects placement and imaging. I wanted to pair this with the mt20 has anyone got this setup or any views on this combo? At the moment I have a mission 5.1 system the problem is it is a bit of a miss match of mission speakers. This is why I am thinking of goin for an even handed system where all speakers are the same. I do have alot of experience with surrond kit I was just after a few other opinions on the match up i am considering. PS The Mt20 is better then the leema acoustic £3500 surround kit I use for testing and that is saying something. I am also interested in the Quad l-ites vs the MT20 anyone heard them? They are both similar just a hunch I have as a guess I think the speakers in b & w is better but sub in quad setup is better. As the £3500 leema speakers I work with seem similar to quad lite I would be very suprised if a £1000 quad setup could better this as I said earlier the B & W in my opinion already have. Theses 2 kits are the speaker setup of the moment so we need some good advice from people who have heard both.

I heard from a few people that the tonnoys are really good but are hampered as the speakers dont have a proper mid and the sub is suppose to be not so great. As people I spoke to said they were recomending rel subs with the tannoy speakers. The tannoy is a bit like missions mcubes they are hampered by their music capabilities alot.

I've listened to the Areanas. I was gobsmacked. Sounded a million times better than the Genies and even better than my £700 floorstanders.

I have the Sony DB795 amp and the Quad L-ite package. Fantastic pairings and perform well with music and movies. I have bi-wired the fronts and centre which has also paid dividends. Great sub and the whole package is seemless in its integration.

:D

The B&W's are very good, but the Quads are better with music. In a nutshell :)

mutley1 with your 795 amp do you sometimes find a little lack in bass on the front stereo pair with music? I have a pair of mission M34i floorstanders and sometimes get the impression the amps not giving enough juice, I have also biwired these and that made a difference, is it a good idea to use this amp with floorstanders? This is one of the reasons I am thinking of going for a sub sat pack in theory this seems to me to be the best option. I have also noticed the speed on domestic speakers for movie sound sluggish. I am very interested in your opinion as you have the same amp as i have and the speakers I am considering. Do you also find the centre channel not as loud should i say as the front l+R speakers. Also what wiring are you using throughout your setup. Greatly appreciated

Bobbyx....it sounds like you want a sub/sat package judging by the problems you are having. Either that, or getting a better amp and centre speaker :)

I listened to the MT-20 with the Yamaha 757 and the Quad L-ites with an Arcam 250 and I preferred the Quads especially when playing music. I am now the proud ownner of a set of black Quad L-ites and am very pleased with them.

what are the quads like for movie sound compared to mt20. I think the quads sounded good to you because of the arcam amp you used which is in a different league to my sony and yamaha you speak of. Would I get good results with quad l-ites with my sony 795. I heard this expansive pmc surrond kit setup worth thousands running off a cheap sony 597 amp i think this amp retails for about £150 obviously you would think the amp is not gonna be good enough to run the pmc speakers, to my astonishment it sounded amazing the amp did not sound stressed in any way what so ever. Obviously my sony 795 amp is a few leagues higher than the one mentioned. Im thinking that my mission setup may not suit the amp. Mission speakers in general have a forward sounding treble I think the amp emphasises on this a bit to much. I am hoping the quads will solve this problem and give me a more balanced sound. Can you guys describe in a bit more detail why the quads are better the mt20 from what you have heard. I can't get a demo of the quads as none of the dealers in my area sell them.

Also does anyone know where I can get the quad l-ite for a descent price in London I was hopin I could get some for £800 mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom