quad 405 4 pin connection

J

jammin

hi,

i recently bought a quad 405, and am tryin to connect it to my audio source - it came with a lead that has 4 pin plug at each end.
i read the manual, and it said to put the phono connectors are marked l and r and should be connected to the input source - i guess they originally came with 2 leads?

anyway, if i wanted to but a cable to connect my phone connectors to the 4 pin input, what kind of cable should i ask for?

alternatively, could i cut the cable it came with and attach phono jacks directly to it?

at one end there is a yellow, red and black wire coming out from the side but ending after an inch or 2!

thanks in advance for your help...

ben jammin

clockworks

Novice Member

candg

Novice Member
I have had Quad equipment for years and still own 33/303/fm3 I have 2 quad 405 power amps and I decided to replace the 4 pin din with a pair of Gold phono sockets. This makes for a far more transparent connection and is far more reliable given the state the 4pin connector gets into after years of use. try it out it,s a very easy DIY job.

Graham

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom