1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quad 11Ls

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mid_gen, Sep 27, 2003.

1. mid_gen

mid_gen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I took receipt of my pair of these lovely speakers this morning.

I was immediately taken with them when I auditioned them, even against the Dyn 42s, but now I've got them home, they're even better than I remember.

Lovely transparent, detailed sound, light-years ahead of the 601s I had on the NAD previously. The finish is also superb, the bird's-eye maple looks fantastic, I've just got to stop wiping every speck of dust off them every 5 minutes :)

Well worth an audition if you're in the market for some bookshelf speakres.

2. dazednconfused

dazednconfused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! i need a upgrade from my mission m72's and had zeroed in on the quad 11L.how has been your experience eith them?are they lacking in bass as some reports suggest?.

3. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Quads yesterday and I'm also over the moon about them. It's the first time that I've really seriously demoed anything and I must admit I was quite concerned that I wouldn't notice any difference. On the contrary these speakers undoubtably blow away any similarly priced competition. The main difference is the detail resolution. We were playing the bells at the beginning of the George III coronation service - on the Quads the tone and detail of the peal of the bells was amazing... until by brother noticed that you could hear a plane in the background and you could distinguish feet suffling into the church. The 780SE matched the Quads in treble, but in the broader picture they were totally out of the running. I too was concerned about base (they're going in at the front of an av set-up) so I also tried the B&W 602s, though better than the Missions these weren't up to standard either. In fact one of the things I did notice about the Quads was that for their cabinet size the base is very respectable. This may be because the demo speakers had been worn in - apparently these need at least a week or so out of the box before the base developes.

In my humble opinion you can't go wrong with these.