1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quad 11l large or small???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by durk, Jul 23, 2003.

1. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    running of a pioneer 2011 witch would be best setting!

tryd both! pro's n cons for either

im running a mj pro 50 also my dealer tells me to set my wharfdale evo center to large the manual says small???

im confused

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Small for all speakers IMO. The Quad's go fairly low, but aren't huge floorstanders and the Evo centre will surely work better as "small". Let the sub do the work.

3. rulocal

rulocal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Dirk

Sorry to hijack your thread but I just wanted to ask you about how you are getting on with mixed speakers ie Quad/Wharfedale in your setup. I too have some 11ls for my hifi setup (Arcam A85 and Cyrus CD7Q) and am thinking of adding Home cinema with a receiver being used as a processor and using the Arcam and Quads for the front two in the 5.1 setup.

I can't really stretch to Quads for rears and centre and had heard that mixing speakers, particlarly fronts and centre, can cause problems with the tonal matching. I can see that this would be the case but in your experience is this a serious compromise!

Any feedback would be useful.

Cheers.

4. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs @ all! the wharfdale speakers use the same drivers as the quads and the same tweeters! differnt cases n crossover's is the main differnce!