1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quad 11 Centre Shielding ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by drum63, Feb 13, 2004.

1. drum63

drum63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have read a few posts on problems with Quad 11 centre shielding and the fact that this might have been a possible batch problem
    Does anyone have any more news on this ?

I tried a test at a dealer earlier this week and could not see any problem when placed on top of a Loewe TV, but I have a Panasonic which others seem to have had particular problems with in the past.

I suppose the only real test will be to try and get a home demo but not sure how easy this will be.

My other question is how close to my TV could I position the unshielded 11L speakers.
    I would probably have to put them about a foot away to each side and wondered if this would still cause picture/colour distortion.

Again I will probably need to try it at home but would appreciate any feedback from Quad owners.

Gary

2. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend as least 50cm from the TV to an 11L.

Any closer and you could be risking the TV.

3. stebbo

stebbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. drum63

drum63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Stebbo,

I did see those on the MA website, and initially thought they would be the answer for me, as my TV is moving to a corner.

This leaves limited space for standmounts and will also require something other than Radius brackets to get wallmounts at the right angle for the room.

I was put off at the time by the cost but now that my budget is stretching to possibly cover the Quads, I wouldn't have to go much further for the 270s.

If I can wait until April I'll give them a spin.

Gary