1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qu about Yamaha DSP-AX750

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by IanThornton, Oct 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. IanThornton

IanThornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Might seem like a daft question but my only experience of AV amps is the ancient Sherwood currently sitting on the rack ...

I'm thinking about getting the Yamaha DSP-AX750. Does it treat video/audio as separately selectable inputs or will one button-press on the remote control allow me to switch both video/audio input in one fell swoop?

The setup I would like is:

- Sky+ S-Video/optical to amp ... component (up-converted) to Plasma
    - DVD Component/coaxial to amp ... component to Plasma

I want to leave the Plasma permanently on component (I'm sick of having to cycle through S-Video/Component/PC on the Plasma all the time) and with one button press select Sky+ input (audio and video) and with another select DVD input (audio and video).

Will it do this? Did all that make sense? lol

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you do rgb scart to component for the Sky+ box?

3. IanThornton

IanThornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I might do that at some point but question above isn't changed by whether I take S-Video or RGB out of the Sky+ box ... it'll still be 2 separate video inputs that need to be associated with 2 separate audio inputs ...

Ian.

4. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I didn't respond to that originally as I'm no expert. However, I did have an AX640 (though I never ran video signals through it) and I'm fairly certain that one button on the remote changed both the video and audio inputs.

I know what you mean about cycling through the inputs on the TV. As much as I think of my AVR200, it's useless for video inputs so I have to run them direct (which has its advantages). My solution is to get a universal remote that runs macros, but unfortunately so far, the affordable ones seem to have a problem with Sky+ codes. Incidentally the remote on the AX640 was pretty decent I thought.

5. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    It might do as my new 1400 does, you have to select the video output first, then hold down the input you want to listen to.