1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QT's plans for Kill Bill

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DamH, Apr 15, 2004.

1. DamH

DamH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digital Bits is reporting:

director Quentin Tarantino has big plans for both Kill Bill, Volume 1 and Volume 2 on DVD. The director has been quoted as saying that he cut an alternate version of Kill Bill, Volume 1 for release in Japan, that will be released in the States eventually. This version contains both new footage and omissions. He also plans to assemble a complete 4-hour version of both films together for art house theatrical screenings. Look for a multi-disc "major special edition" of both films on DVD, which may include significant deleted scenes (including the original introduction to the character of Bill, who originally fought Michael Jai White, as well as the original scene at the wedding chapel). Tarantino is also reportedly considering releasing additional stand-alone supplemental discs after the main DVD release.

Looks like a) we'll all have 5 copies of this film by the end and b) no rush to get the Japanese cut it's coming anyway.

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    a) Isn't that the way it's going with lots of titles? And we keep on buying them! I expect I'll soon be on my third copy of The Matrix, when the Special Edition box set comes out, and Gawd knows how many versions of Star Wars will emerge. :rolleyes:

b) But we don't want to wait!! :D I do think there is some value in getting the Jap cut (Thai version) now, as it may not appear individually again. From what I have read so far, QT is going to merge the two films together, which will feature the 'Jap cut' footage, but there's been no mention of a stand alone version of an unrated KB1.

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I'm more than happy to wait

4. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    What omissions are in (or not) the Jpn release ?

Matt

5. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    When the 2 films are merged together there will be no need for the credits of Vol1 and the introduction of Vol2, so they will be omitted.

6. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Someone commented elsewhere in these threads that the merged versions will not just be KB2 glued on to the end of KB1, but will be a completely new version of the films.