Qtek s100 vs I-Mate Jam

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by stillill, May 26, 2005.

1. stillill

stillill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, just looking for some confirmation.

I want an I-Mate Jam, but the online place I'm getting it from is out of stock, so they can offer me a QTek s100.

These devices are essentially the same product, but with different branding? Is that correct?

Now, I'm likely to do upgrades and fiddling about with ROMs etc. Do these devices run different ROM versions?

Can anyone suggest and downsides (or upsides!) to buying the QTek s100 instead of the iMate Jam?

(Thanks in advance. I did a trawl of the forums and couldn't find a straight answer)

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    The device is actually called a HTC Magician. It is branded in different flavours by HTC and QTEKS100 and I-mate jam are simply two incarnations of it. Exactly the same but different ROMS. I haven't tried it but guess you can flash the ROMS between these two. The hardware is exactly the same in all it's guises.

I have had to return my QTEKS100 because it has had a problem with a poor earpiece. I also had this poroblem on my XDA2 as well so it is a HTC weakness :( Unfortunately it can be problem on the Magicians or even Himalaya's whether they are branded O2 XDA mini or MDA compact or whatever. Aside form the problems it is a great device.

I sent it back to the company I got it from yesterday and I will have a replacement with me tomorrow. Now that's what I call service !

I bought it as a QTEK because I liked their branding on the device and that QTEK also give a you a 24mth guarantee on it whilst others only give 12mth. Also I took the O2 desktop off my XDA2i and placed it onto my QTEKS100. I'm on O2 anyway and it looks lovely :)

All of the Magicians are most likely to go to Anovo in the UK for repair or firmware upgrades as they are the UK HTC designated repair centre.