1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QS Replacement for SLV-X9?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ceejay, Jun 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ceejay

ceejay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I am in the process of ditching my old Denon AVR-3300-B&W603/602/CC6-RELQ100 etc. setup for something more stylish and in silver(the wife, you know) and have already bought the Kef KHT-2005 set and the Sony DVP-NS900V. I'm waiting for the STR-DB1080QS, and I wanted to order a Sony SLV-X9 to match the rest of the set (QS). I looked everywhere but it seems like it's no longer being produced.
    Does anyone know if Sony will release another QS-series VCR? I asked a few Sony dealers, and none of them have any idea...

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The SLV X9 is still being produced. It's just not being imported in by Sony UK.

Its doubtful there will be a replacement made available for the UK, as there is a slump in VHS sales.

There has been occasions when I've been after a specific model of something and have been very determined to get it. In most cases it has paid off.

Have you tried www.price-guide.co.uk or uk.pricerunner.com

It might even be worth searching for that model using a general search engine like www.google.co.uk

A good source for items like this are the smaller companies who advertise in the likes of 'What Video', as they have a slower turnround on stock.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you will get it. Good Luck!

P S: Just as I was concluding this post, I had an idea.

http://www.electronics-plc.com/store/merchant.ihtml?id=70&step=2 It's at the bottom of the page.

Hope they have one for you.