1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q's on the Loewe Aventos

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Runerg, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Runerg

Runerg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.
    I am considering an Aventos, and have som questions about it.

Does it have any options in what picture size you will watch? What I am trying to say is, do you have to watch 4:3 programmes in 4:3 mode, or does it have any modes so you can stretch or zoom or whatever it does? I hate it when the pic is stretched out and everything is wider than it is supposed to be.
    I have tried some Panasonics and Philips sets that offer some modes that work ok, where the picture is stretched only on the edges and not in the middle and so on!
    How is the Aventos on these areas?

Is it any other TV in this priceclass that can match the picture on this set? I dont care about the sound.

Rune

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For 4:3 broadcasts on my vitros I use the 'pan' mode (you'll have it on the aventos) which zooms in and stretches slightly to fill most of teh screen - you lose a bit of picture at the top and teh bottom but it definitely looks the best. There's also 'cine' mode which fills the whole screen.

3. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    I find the Loewe Aventos zoom modes much better than my previous Sony and Philips, when viewing 4:3 broadcasts in Pan mode, I have small black bars on either side and lose a tiny amount on the top and bottom, it looks great, I can also choose to fill the entire screen which also looks good with the right source, the automatic aspect ratio switching also works flawlessly.

As for the picture, it is the best I have seen.

mij

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Seek out groundy as he is a Loewe afficianado and will likely have the answers you need. :)

5. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I don't have the Aventos but I would imagine my Aconda is similar. The picture format can be selected manually or left on automatic.
    The automatic mode is flawless in my experience, it copes with the Xbox and TV broadcast far better than my previous Sony model did. The Loewe doesn't jump between modes it expands or contracts the picture to the next ratio. Very smart.

6. Mark Spanner

Mark Spanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Aventos lets you set the screen size.

You can manually choose between:
    • 16:9
    • 4:3
    • Pan
    • Cine
    • Zoom
    As with the majority of widescreens the TV will automatically choose depending on the incoming signal however this can be turned off if you wish to force a size.

This automatic selection is alot smarter than any I have seen i.e. if you are watching a 4:3 broadcast which has black bars it will automatically zoom & remove the bars.
    This can be great or annoying depending on your preference :)

7. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know whether the same Philips tube is used in the Aventos as the Vitros/Aconda 9381? The Aconda 9281s use the Toshiba tubes as a cost reduction so was just wondering whether the same was done on the Aventos to keep the cost down.

8. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    In my Aventos the tube is the same as the Philips Pixel Plus 32PW9527 (W76ERF042X044)

mij