1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q's on M Grant Cables - Thought posting publicly may help others too.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mark Ward, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm interested in some Mark Grant cables, mainly some sub cables.

Obviously Mark is the person best placed to answer them, but I asked them in a way that invites others who know the answers to comment.

Sub-Cables - Are they directional?
    Like many I use a Behringer Feedback detroyer and would like to avoid using a Maplins Phono:1/4" Jack adaptor. Can Mark Grant supply RCA-Phono to 1/4" Jack sub leads? If so...Are they directional? The reason I ask is that the Processor to BFD lead would need to be "RCA to JACK" and the BFD to SUB Lead would need to be "JACK to RCA".

Also, someone asked in the Powerbuy thread whether Mark Grant can make Y-Split Sub cables. This also appeals to me, though as a fix I found one of these RCA Splitters between the Processor and the BFD very useful as my subs are now in different locations. It means you have to use both channels of the BFD though which is less easy to set up. Unfortunately I had to get them in the US as Amazon.com don't ship these to the UK and the UK Monster distributor doesn't stock them (well, didn't when I bought...may have changed).

Balanced XLR Cables
    Does Mark Grant offer any Balanced XLR cables? I'm going for BlueSky monitors and would like to run balanced cables with an RCA adaptor rather than co-axial with an XLR adaptor. This is because I'm intending to go for an MC-8 Balanced eventually, though I can't see when/where I'm ever going to get the money. I have some very long runs.

Thanks,

Mark.

2. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    If your looking for an all metal Y-splitter
    I picked up mine Y-splitter from Billy Vee Audio in Lewisham it looks the same as the monster one in the above link. :)

3. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hello Mark,

I would not have thought the Canare LV77S Sub cable is directional, but maybe if using a few cables, best to keep them all in the same direction, signal with the direction of printing on the cables etc.

I have some very high quality Canare 1/4" TRS jack plugs on order, will be here any day, so will be offering sub cables with Canare phono to Canare 1/4" TRS very soon for BFD users. ( either direction of signal )

Not possible to make a Y split cable with canare connectors, so an adapter such as the one you have will be OK, or a short male RCA to two female RCA adapter cable or whatever configuration you need.

As Samir says , there are plenty of metal Y splitters available.

XLR cables.

I have a reel of Belden 1800F Balanced cable, it is superb when perfectly terminated with Neutrik XLR .

I am sure there is an adapter available for phono to XLR, so you can install long runs of balanced cable to the Blue sky monitors, use an adapter to convert to phono at AV amp end, then remove the adapter when you buy that balanced MC-8.

Smurfin uses Blue Sky monitors with long phono cables, so he must know where the adapters came from..

Hope that helps,

thanks,

Mark.

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks Mark, Sounds good! I'll email you about my requirements.

Many thanks,

Mark.